Wednesday, March 16, 2011

business as usual?

This morning I came to my office almost at the same time as usual. The commuting trains were operating normally, and, to my surprise, they were less crowded than usual. An European journalist called me last night, saying that he was a little surprised by the calmness of the people in Tokyo. Maybe that's true, except for the fact that stores are running short of food, batteries, and daily necessities and there are long queues of cars in front of gasoline stations waiting for putting fuel in their tanks.
The DVD recorder at my office went out of order, perhaps because of the earthquake, and yesterday I made telephone calls to the retailer and the manufacturer (Panasonic) service station. They were working as effeciently as usual. This morning I contacted a book seller to buy some books and he was at the office working as usual. Business is quite normal here in Tokyo, except for a sense of anxiety to the nuclear power plant accident which is still in progress.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for this great blog, but i want some more stuff on nuclear power plant accident, as you have mentioned at the end of this blog.

    ReplyDelete