Sunday, December 11, 2016

Lecture series in Europe, sponsered by the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Starting from November 9th, 2016, I was commissioned by Japan's Foreign Ministry to go to Europe and give lectures on Chinese economy at five different venues in three countries.
On November 10th, I went to Bremen, Germany, and gave a talk at the meeting of OAV, a gathering of business persons doing business in or with the Asia-Pacific.
The next day I flew to Vienna, and gave a lecture at the East Asia Institute of the Wien Universitat.
On November 12th, I flew to Ljubljana, the capital city of Slovenia. After a wonderful weekend in Koper and Ljubljana, I had meetings with two journalists, visited the presidential office and met the president's advisor, and gave lectures at the Malibor University and Ljubljana University, and the Chamber of Commerce on November 14th and 15th. Although it was a very short stay, I learned a lot about the history and current economy of Slovenia.
I truly thank the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan for offering me such a wonderful mission and experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment